These tracers may be installed on your device depending on the preferences that you expressed or may express at any time in accordance with this policy.
What are cookies
Cookies are small files/pieces of text, usually in the form of letters and numbers, sent by a web server and stored on a computer or other internet enabled device when you visit a website. It is stored (taking up minimal memory space) in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier i.e cookies are widely used to make websites work efficiently and improve your browsing experience.
Cookies allow a website to store information and preferences on your computer/other device hard drive gained from the user’s website browsing habits. When one visits the same sites again, the browser recognizes the cookie, and can read the information contained in it, ensuring a more efficient navigation experience for the user. The information does not identify you personally or hold personal information; it is statistical data which does not identify personal details
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer for an extended period. Session cookies are stored for the duration of access to the site you are browsing and expire after the browser is closed.
Cookies that are necessary for browsing the EHG Websites and the ability to use all of their features, and intended in particular to:
• Manage authentication of website visitors and the associated security measures, and ensure proper functioning of the authentication module
• Optimize the user experience and facilitate browsing, in particular determining “technical routes” for browsing
• Store information regarding the “cookies” information banner seen by website visitors who then continue to browse the website after agreeing to accept cookies on their device
• Implement security measures (for example, when you are asked to log in again for content or a service after a certain period of time, or to ensure basic operation of EHG Websites and use of their major technical features, such as monitoring of performance and browsing errors, management of user sessions, etc.)
Cookies for features intended in particular to:
• Adapt EHG Websites to the display preferences of your device (language, currency, display resolution, operating system used, configuration and settings of the display of web pages based on the device you are using and its location, etc.)
• Store specific information that you enter on EHG Websites in order to facilitate and customize future visits
• Allow you to access your personal pages more quickly by storing the login details or information that you previously entered
Cookies for visitor tracking are aimed at improving the comfort of users by helping us understand your interactions with EHG Websites; these cookies may collect statistics or test different ways of displaying information in order to improve the relevance and usability of our services.
Advertising cookies are intended to (i) offer you, in advertising spaces, relevant, targeted content that may be of interest to you based on your interests, browsing behavior, preferences, and other factors, and (ii) reduce the number of times that the advertisements appear.
Affiliate cookies identify the third-party website that redirect a visitor to EHG Websites.
Social network cookies, set by third parties, allow you to share your opinion about and content from EHG Websites on social networks.
The social network applications on EHG Websites as mentioned above can in some cases allow the social networks concerned to identify you even if you did not click on the application button. This type of button can allow a social network to track your browsing on EHG Websites, simply because your account in the social network concerned is enabled on your device while you are browsing.
We recommend that you read the policies of these social networks to familiarize yourself with how they use the browsing information they may collect, especially regarding advertising. These policies must specifically allow you to make choices on these social networks, particularly by configuring your user accounts for each of them.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit the EHG Websites, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie, which is only activated after your acceptance.
This process is supported by means of an information banner on the home page of the EHG Websites, which informs you that by continuing to browse, you are agreeing to the installation of cookies that require consent on your device.
You can change your mind at any time using the various methods described in section “Deleting and/or blocking cookies”.
How to control cookies – disabling/deleting/blocking
There are a few options:
You can disable cookies any time by adjusting your browser settings.
Although most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, you can, if you desire, choose to accept all cookies, always block cookies, or choose which cookies to accept based on their senders.
You can also set your browser to accept or block cookies on a case-by-case basis before they are installed. Your browser also allows you to regularly delete cookies from your device. Remember to configure all the browsers in your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
Each browser is different so regarding management of cookies and your preferences, configuration varies for each browser. For more information on each browser and/or remove cookies from your device refer to these guides:
• For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• For Safari™: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies
• For Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647
• For Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
For more information please read the advice at http://www.aboutcookies.org
Saving a cookie to your device depends on your wishes, which you can exercise and change at any time and free of charge using the settings offered by your browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies on your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you view may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They can only be read by their issuer.
However, you can set your browser to block cookies. Please be aware that if you turn off cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our service features and some pages and spaces on EHG Websites may not be accessible; we cannot be held responsible in these cases.
Specialized advertising platforms
Several professional advertising platforms also give you the option to accept or block cookies used by companies that are members. These centralized mechanisms do not block the display of ads; they simply prevent the installation of cookies that tailor ads to your interests.
For example, you can visit the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com to prohibit the installation of these cookies on your device. This website is offered by digital advertising professionals brought together within the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and managed in France by Interactive Advertising Bureau France.